Welcome to The NCH Garage!!!!

Main Menu

'64 Ford F100

Started by NCHKustoms, January 08, 2010, 09:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillbilly les

m e t r o     3    three cylinders of nasty

NCHKustoms

nah. I didnt "tune" the snowmobile. I didnt know how  ::)
:poke:
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

NCHKustoms

Just ordered the paint and pearl tonight  :clap:

Hot Road Flatz colors
-1 Gallon of Hot Road Black
-1 Quart of Classic White

AND from www.paintwithpearls.com
-25 Gram Bag of White Shimmer Ghost Pearl

Woo Hoo! Getting closer!! Still shooting for May 1st to have the majority of it finished.
Also I have been grinding some minor rust on the box of the truck. Me and my dad started to smear some bondo on the sides of it to fill in dents and little rust holes. Started the roll pan tonight also, should have that close to put on tomorrow night.
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

Chauncey

Quote from: NCHKustoms on April 14, 2010, 09:56:40 PM
www.paintwithpearl.com

Had an extra S in your link.  Took me to a weird site.

Anywho, hells yeah!  They got some crazy stuff there.  That "thermochromic" paint sounds pretty sweet.  Changes color with the temperature.  Gonna have to find something to do with that...  Maybe a fiberglass sub box in the Bimmer!

I'm pretty sure the "before pearls/after pearls" picture on their main page is a racing kart body, too!
Gnarpow!  A boardin' blog.  By dweebs, for dweebs.
http://gnarpow.blogspot.com/

Chauncey

Gnarpow!  A boardin' blog.  By dweebs, for dweebs.
http://gnarpow.blogspot.com/

NCHKustoms

Yeah! I saw that paint there! Pretty coool! Idk what id even paint it on.. i saw it on a toilet seat once.. and a sink haha

Well heres the latest progress from the past week. Its come a loooong way!  :cheers:

A little bit of the matierials to help get the box and roll pan finished. Bondo, sheet metal, rubber gloves  :thumbs:

Hillbilly les mixing the goods

The side of the box ground down and ready for some bondo to fill the rust. (not the correct way, but its cheap and it works, so deal)

The other side full of bondo and ready for a 2nd coat. Notice the roll pan being formed too!!

Shot of the rear.. there is a little wiggle in the roll pan.. that will be fixed.

Another of the roll pan, all the ground areas need some work.. a little bondo and smoothing and were set!

Shot of the rear. The box it sitting upside down. Should look awesome! :batman:
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

NCHKustoms

this is the progress from after this weekend.

This is after lots of hours of body work..
as you can see there is still spots of bondo that could use some smoothing.
The body work on the box was mainly done by my dad. He said hed do it. Sounds good to me! Hes more of a ninja than i am.

Better shot of the rear. Notice there is no body likes or seams of any sort. All shaved. No tailgate handle either :)

Side all smooth.

A little left.

Nicely rounded corners. With sweet tailights.

I added in some frame work for the lower part of the bed. This is the storage area. There will eventually be another floor above this so i can haul my mini bike.
All sanded and ready for primer though.
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

NCHKustoms

Well progress is being made.. still.. haha
The box is about 95% ready for the final coat of primer. The cab and front fenders are ground down and some bondo has been applied. Should start that more tomorrow. Also started stripping all the crappy paint off the hood to start over on it. It has some dents that need to be hammered out and smoothened. Things are looking good to having it painted by this upcoming Sunday.. as long as the paint shows up!! GaaHH!
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

Krandall

noice. it's quite the transformation from what it was to what it is when I saw it last weekend!!!

Someone needs to get Napa Mike on here!!
Coroner

Farmboy

thats what i was thinkin, mike is never on anything but the HAMB, whatever, i gotta go see his new truck, tried to trade him a project for a project but hes kinda stubborn someimes.
I like a challenge, thats why i only settle for stubborn women.

NCHKustoms

psh.. ham isnt cool. nch site it waaaay better.. wait til you see it this weekend! the truck... super sweet and smooth!!
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

NCHKustoms

progress.. box it pretty much done.. the cab and front half of the truck is very close to primer. primer comes tomorrow.. im off to finish the taping on it right now.. ill get some pics soon. ::)
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

NCHKustoms

pics up shortly.. they are taken.. just too tired to post right now. thx pops for helpin big time on the truck! almost ready for sweet paint!!
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

pchop

Im here now better late then never right.  The truck looks like it is coming along very nice.  I love the new bumper way better then the nasty chevy.  It should look killer once you get it in some pearl.  Anyhow time to go work on my pickup now lilli and mama are sleeping :lol:
Kustoms get the chicks hot rod scare them away

NCHKustoms

yay! mike here!! haha. Hey thanks! Yeah the bumper looks sooo much better! So does that rear window too!

Got it painted finally, the white and black pearl looks pretty freakin sweet!! Also got the tires put back on.. Shiney black pearl rims with some wide whites!!  Looks way different! but kool!!

ya get to work on that pickup so we can cruise so a show or two, or some other places too!  :)
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner