News:

Welcome to The NCH Garage!!!!

Main Menu

NCH Valve Cover Races

Started by Chauncey, July 11, 2010, 12:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chauncey

I've got some sweet ideas cookin' but I doubt I'll get anything done by the party.  Toni's got a pretty sweet idea for hers but would need a welder.  And not sure when we'll have time before then and now to make it happen.  Don't think mine would need a welder, but still skeptical if I'll get it done by then.  Supposed to snow this weekend and if it does my board will be out in full effect.  Priorities have officially shifted for the season.
Gnarpow!  A boardin' blog.  By dweebs, for dweebs.
http://gnarpow.blogspot.com/

Krandall

4 coats of primer

and on the 2nd coat of paint...

2 more then a few coats of clear! :clap:

Coroner

Chauncey

Making some progress last minute, of course.  What would a Hillbilly valve cover racer be without slamming it together just in the nick of time.  Anywho, have decided to go another route with both mine and hers.  Still the same overall vision, just taking a few steps to cut a few corners and save a bunch of work.  Made a trip to Savers today to round up a couple more supplies.  Thinking both of them will look a lot better than they roll, but we'll see.  Probably be a bunch of cheaters in attendance anyway.  :nod:

Krandall

Good to hear brother-b. :)

win or lose... its all about the liquor filled chocolates! :nod:
Coroner

NCHKustoms

haha, looks like just about everybody is havin new v covoers this time around! Me included!! ruh Roh!!  8)
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

Chauncey

It's getting pretty dang close to crunch time and I'm personally nowhere near prepared for this year's running of the racers.  I've got so many ideas floating around in the head, but finding the time to sit and make something of them is a completely different story.

Thinking I'll stick with the coolest one and see what I can make of it.  Probably ain't gonna roll worth :mad: but that's not what I'm going for.  If you're gonna be in last place, you at least gotta look cool, right?

Anywho, was bored at work today while drawing up plans for my racer and found a few cool pictures.  Hopefully some motivation and ideas for anybody looking to throw something together quick.

NCHKustoms

Ive got somethin up my sleeve.. muahahahaaaaaaaaa  :batman:
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

Krandall

Coroner

55.ferris

nice cant wait to see it. hopefully i will have another one just for cover count. lol aka car count. i know we have one outside contender. 40 ford frank and im not gonna lie it looks pretty fast and well thought out, but we'll see.  :thumbs:
low and.... slow its the only way to roll.

Chauncey

So...  I be lookin' for one of them Loooooong straight-6, Chevy valve covers.  Ryan was so kind to get me one from Ostrom's a while back and I'm making a racer out of it.  However, I'd really like one more as I got another sweet idea up in the brain today. 

Would be willing to pay a little for it if I had to, otherwise if you've got one lying around somewhere collecting dust I'll trade ya a 12-pack of your favorite flavor o' beer.

Also, condition doesn't really matter as long as the mounting surface is straight/flat.

55.ferris

well you see i got two and they are comin for you...................... :batman:

hillbilly les

NCHKustoms

Hahahahaha. :) im going to get a defferent wheel set up for one of mine.. but its a secret on what one tee hee hee
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

55.ferris

boat anchors work really well for wheels and are really fast it you want a tip . :thumbs:

Krandall

Well... didn't get EVERYTHING I wanted done this weekend. Made the trophy for the valve cover race. not 100% complete yet.. But, will have it done hopefully tomorrow night.

Helped the wife get started on hers. Just needs a few tweaks and some nice pink (sigh....) paint.

Got started on my next valve cover. it's taking shape. hopefully will have it done next weekend. If anything I'll have a valve cover body to show off :)
Coroner