News:

Welcome to The NCH Garage!!!!

Main Menu

2000 Lincoln LS

Started by NCHKustoms, July 22, 2010, 10:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCHKustoms

Finally got the fuel line and pump in today! Went to start it.. started up for a few seconds.. died.. no power to fuel pump.. somethin sill must be goin on.. crappy  :'(
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

55.ferris

im sure you did. but did you check the fuel safty shut off switch? small black box with a red button. i have tripped them banging on fenders doing bodywork before.
low and.... slow its the only way to roll.

NCHKustoms

yeah i thought of that.. usually they are in the trunk? looked for it, but no such luck, im gonna have to to a google search on where it would be located. Didnt get a owners manual or any of that stuff. hmmmm
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

NCHKustoms

Just looked it up and found the button... went and tried it.. it was on the drivers side.. kick panel on the floor.. flipped the reset button and still nothing. hrmm
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

Krandall

got some stuff for ya rydog
Coroner

ashleys

Do I get any credit for helping with the fuel line?!?!?! That was some tough crap.

55.ferris

yeah thats no good how about a fuse?? or test power at the fuse then at the tank and start chacing wires. fun fun fun. thats why you keep it carburated. lol good luck. does it have a oil pressure gauge? some vehicals wont start or send power tell they read oil pressure while cranking. watch the gauge if it has one while you crank.   had a chev truck that cranked for ever tell it showed oil pressure then it would start. new sending unit and a little 80/90w and she was lovin life.

NCHKustoms

yo krayon. ya bring that stuff up, i forgot it haha

hey thx for that advise 55, ill check that out tomorrow night.. thinking im gonna end up chasin wires and checkn fuses.. gotta get the papers krayon got so i know what fuses are for what  :S :help:
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

55.ferris

if he cant get you a wiring print out we have them at work so let me know we have the lattest and greatest. and sound like me and your old man are on the same trak with the oil pressure switch. ha. i might not be speeling bee winner, but i got some motor boat skills. tee hee.

hillbilly les

sweet,,,boat away dan,,boat away :thumbs:

NCHKustoms

^-- wow.. no comment..  :rolleyes: hahaha
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

NCHKustoms

well i checked the fuses.. a 15a was bad.. replaced that.. started.. ran for 3 seconds.. dies.. bad 15a fuse again.. replaced it again.. no start. Replaced the relay and the diode. Tried it again.. nothin..
I heard there may be a security code you have to do if you take out the battery.. put the key in the drivers door and turn the key.. well see about that.. tried that.. the key wont even turn! GAhh!! I Dont know.. sooo loooooosssst
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

Krandall

did you look for the broken  wires? maybe it has somethin to do w/ that ground wire that we moved?

throwin out idears
Coroner

55.ferris

that is a brain twister. replaced the fuse and it started then died replaced it again and still womt run? try another fuse maybe if you didn't already then test poweragain and see where your at. it might have a hard code sence its a high end car. and may need a scan tool to unlock or find the issue.  i can use our scan tool from work but not all the best at runnin it yet. i can clear codes and read most i dont know if it can unlock them tho that might be a dealer thing but don't worry my right hand man works at hey ford ford. it might be a help.

Krandall

its gonna be somethin stupid for sure.
Coroner