News:

Welcome to The NCH Garage!!!!

Main Menu

Ralph Meyers 52 DODGE WAYFARER Sorry Ralph its a 51

Started by pchop, October 03, 2010, 07:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pchop

As a few of you maybe know Ralph asked me to do a few things to his new ride.  The plan is to use a S-10 pickup front frame clip,rearend and running gear.  It has a 2.8 and a 5sp.  Not a barn burner but with the it will do.  I figure i can mock up sbc stuff at the same time so some day it will get the go fast.  He wants to keep all the efi stuff for easy of driveablity which is sweet havent done a carb to efi swap in a few years,  Im kinda looking forward to this project should be kinda fun.  Ill keep the pics coming as I get working more on it, just had time to put a few hrs in lately but he what I have so far.
Kustoms get the chicks hot rod scare them away

pchop

getting ready to measure her up for the first cut.  Cant wait!!!!

hillbilly les

nice,, keep the pics comin always kool to see what the other peeps is doin

Krandall

Looks like a fun project!!! looks like its a pretty clean body!
Coroner

pchop

Yeah pretty clean little rot on the floor and o n the rockers where there was chrome trim

NCHKustoms

NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

pchop

Yeah maybe its not super clean under the car i started doin some floor repair and ended up cuttin a lot more out of it then I had really planed on, also both body mounts under your feet on both sides are gone.  I cut open the rocker on the passanger side, and found dirt/sand 3" thick in the bottom.  I try to get some pics up to night for ya.

pchop

Started with a small hole as one can see.

Looks fairly safe to weld a patch in?

Welded in a patch and went down hill in a hurry.

Now what looked solid on top was bad on bottom.  Now I have a big hole and a front body mount to remake, and fill in the rocker hole I made also. :mad:

Chauncey

Gnarpow!  A boardin' blog.  By dweebs, for dweebs.
http://gnarpow.blogspot.com/

NCHKustoms

i know how all that goes.. yikes! it keeps things interesting that way haha

:thud:
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

hillbilly foot stomper

Quote from: pchop on October 03, 2010, 07:57:07 PM
As a few of you maybe know Ralph asked me to do a few things to his new ride.  The plan is to use a S-10 pickup front frame clip,rearend and running gear.  It has a 2.8 and a 5sp.  Not a barn burner but with the it will do.  I figure i can mock up sbc stuff at the same time so some day it will get the go fast.  He wants to keep all the efi stuff for easy of driveablity which is sweet havent done a carb to efi swap in a few years,  Im kinda looking forward to this project should be kinda fun.  Ill keep the pics coming as I get working more on it, just had time to put a few hrs in lately but he what I have so far.
mike i know the car is in good hands as lonmg as the welds hold lol cant wait to run her

hillbilly les

ya i heard sumpin about ,,,,, :jaw:    welds,,,jist keeeding

pchop

Haha its not the welds its the engine work you should be worried about  ??? I have left a few rings out here and there for high performance reasons or so I say less friction the better  :thumbs:

pchop

Oh I almost for got Ralph said his doors need to commit suicide.  So now that's in the plan soon this will turn in to full on kustom  :clap:  the world needs more of them.

Chauncey

Gnarpow!  A boardin' blog.  By dweebs, for dweebs.
http://gnarpow.blogspot.com/