News:

Welcome to The NCH Garage!!!!

Main Menu

Chevy 789

Started by Chauncey, January 21, 2010, 10:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chauncey

So my dad just forwarded me some random email about a car.  Figured I'd share it with the Hillbillys.  If I had the kinda money it'd take to roll in something like this, I'd definitely be looking elsewhere.  But it is a pertty cool idea.  http://n2amotors.com/vehicles.aspx?VehicleID=2#Link1

Melding design elements from different Chevy models, the 789 shows the world that you really can't have enough of a good thing. Although the 789 looks instantly iconic, it is actually the best of three classics mounted atop a Le Mans-winning Corvette C6 chassis. Aptly named for the three years represented in the overall design, the 789 has the "hooded eyes"and chrome grille of a '57, a mid-section that's reminiscent of a '58 Impala and the "bird in flight" rear tailfins of a '59. These three Vehicles are all instantly recognizable classics celebrated by people around the world.

Owning and operating a classic car often proves difficult. Rarity of parts, expertise needed for installation, and potentially high upkeep or restoration costs are some of the problems with which collectors must deal. All of the money in the world spent to modify or modernize a vintage car will not change the reliability or performance problems associated with it. The 789 offers the best of both worlds: retro looks and styling, and it will fire up every time you turn the key. The body is constructed of lightweight composite panels. We have developed a process of using 80% carbon fiber with 20% fiberglass. This process gives us a light weight rigid part as if it was 100% carbon fiber with the minimal properties of fiberglass that allows for show quality paint and finish.

The customer can either provide us with a donor C6 series (2005-2009) Corvette, which currently retails for around $60,000 (though used models can be had for less), or we can locate one for you. After stripping the 'Vette of its stock body, we hand-graft the retro body panels over the stock frame, suspension, and massive 440-horsepower, 6.0-liter aluminum-block V8 engine. The base cost of conversion is $80,000, which includes choice of interior/exterior color schemes, specific 789 exhaust, and PST high-performance sway bars. A full range of upgrades are available, including up to 800 hp powertrains, custom suspension, audio/video/navigation systems, interior customization, and more. We will build each 789 to meet the customer's specifications. However, please note that no previously built combination of paint scheme and interior treatment will be duplicated.

Gnarpow!  A boardin' blog.  By dweebs, for dweebs.
http://gnarpow.blogspot.com/

Krandall

I dig the back end. looks sweet, front is pretty ugly imo
Coroner

NCHKustoms

That thing is coool!!! Too bad its a Corvette  :P
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

Chauncey

I agree on all three areas.  Front is Fugly, and it's a Corvette.  However, the '59 Chevy rear end is by far one of my fav's.  Give me a '59 Impala on hydro's!

Farmboy

Krazylegz i hear ya on the 59 with hydro's, its like my all time dream car, i got the 13's just need the car now, hmmm
I like a challenge, thats why i only settle for stubborn women.

Chauncey

Heck yeah.  There's a pretty gnarly '59 wagon in the junkyard just north of Grasston.  First wagon one I've ever seen.

There's also a '59 2-door sitting in front of Pine Auto Salvage, at least there was the last time I was there.  Not sure if it's for sale or not.  Maybe we could pull some QM moves and "sneak" it out. It's not inside the fence...   :rofl:

Farmboy

ya the wagon at ostrom's would be kick a$$ for sure
I like a challenge, thats why i only settle for stubborn women.

NCHKustoms

id take that wagon at ostroms anyday!!  :thumbs: sooo sweet!!
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner