News:

Welcome to The NCH Garage!!!!

Main Menu

Misc. 302 Parts

Started by Chauncey, November 11, 2010, 07:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chauncey

Currently on the prowl for a few 302 things to help out the winter project.  I'm sure this list will increase as I get more into it, but this is at least a starting point.  I guess.  ???  Will update it accordingly in the future.

What I need:
-water pump
-possibly alternator
-157 tooth, 28 oz flywheel (if we can't locate one in P-chop's private collection :lol: )

What I want (eventually):
-4bbl intake & carb, probably 500-ish cfm
-shorty headers
-too much to list...  (or afford)  :nod:
Gnarpow!  A boardin' blog.  By dweebs, for dweebs.
http://gnarpow.blogspot.com/

Krandall

You may want to go ahead and get a new water pump, cheap enough new, and a little insurance as well.
Coroner

hillbilly les

explorer factories,, somebody out there has the years that werk well,,like on riggermortice

Chauncey

Quote from: Krandall on November 11, 2010, 08:37:44 PM
You may want to go ahead and get a new water pump, cheap enough new, and a little insurance as well.

Word.  Been scouring Summit online for the last hour or so just browsing and comparing parts/prices.  Cheapest water pump I found was a remanufactured cast-iron, OE replacement dude for like $22.  Can't remember what the cheapest aluminum ones are, something like $65-70, but I don't think that's necessary.  I need it running, and the cheaper the better right now (when isn't it?). 

Looking at timing chain sets as well.  Papa Chaunce, as well as a few others, suggested replacing those goodies while I'm doing the waterpump.  I'm right there, and who knows what condition the old stuff is in.  About $40 on Summit for what looks like middle of the road stuff.  Sound about right?

For the headers, only real requirements are they're a) prepared for tight quarters (duh), and b) collect and fire out in an almost horizontal angle, or pretty dang close to that.  From the exhaust jobs I've seen online, seems like most people are running the headers backwards and dumping the pipes down the front of the engine, wrapped underneath the steering pieces.  Crazy, but it works.

Left side backwards, right side regular (two passenger side headers):

Both sides backwards, dumps true duals the whole way:

hillbilly les

u got the bimmer at home ,, measure between the shock towers about 6 inches up ,,jist a approxament will do ,,fer width purposes

hillbilly foot stomper

Les i have a 302 intake 4-bbl and i know where all the other stuff is that you need and them some

Krandall

just re-looking at that exhaust for the "true duals"

I wonder how those rubber drive axle boots fair w/ the headers/pipes being 1 inch away from them.. plus w/ suspension movement, wonder if it ever hits/rubs? ???
Coroner

Chauncey

I guess we'll find out the hard way, eh?  :lol:

Something else funny?  He's got his directional tires on backwards...

NCHKustoms

Wrap that rubber stuff in aluminum foil!! the NEW improved heat barrier!!!  :thumbs:
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

Chauncey

Well if I've got the cruise set at 150 there'll probably be enough air flow down there I won't have to worry, right?  ???  :batman:

NCHKustoms

Exactly!! But i was thinkin along the lines of 183mph..
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

Krandall

Coroner

NCHKustoms

www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

hillbilly foot stomper

call my cousin lud at 320-396-4176 easy classic auto parts he will have what you want and then some