News:

Welcome to The NCH Garage!!!!

Main Menu

Coronet......

Started by Krandall, March 17, 2012, 06:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

Quote from: Krandall on August 25, 2012, 12:21:01 AM
Yep, talked to him Tuesday and Talked to him Today.

Ran into a minor snag, I believe he'll be there tomorrow. And it should be out. Will only take a couple hours to get inside n figure out whats goin on.

:shrug:

Well... Makin progress. Figured I'd just update this area (even though I told most of ya @ the show saturday).

Block was torn into 2 weeks ago. Talked to him last week (Wednesday).

Thinking clutch was adjusted too tight and pushing forward on everything bottom end. Took out the Thrust bearing. Crank was sent to Minneapolis (Crankshaft Supply) to be welded, ground, and polished. Three cylinders/pistons were scored. Block was being steam cleaned last Tuesday and the bore was going to be checked in the 3 cylinders to see if they were tight clearance and can be honed or if the whole block will need to be bored.. (again... already .30 over).

Heads. The valves had started sinking into the heads. Valve guides were worn. Those have been replaced. Having hardened seats put in.

One piece at a time.

:)
Coroner

NCHKustoms

I stopped in there today.. it looks nakie with no motor.. AND! asked him about my truck.. no worries.. it wont be slowing progerss down on yours.. haha. I saw alot of tore up parts on yours too! Nice! Breakin Shizzle!!
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

Krandall

Coroner

Krandall

Got word today. Block checked out fine! was able to take out the scoring in 3 cylinders. :woot:

3 new pistons were supposed to be here this week but didn't show.. He's going to call them monday and see wtf is up w/ that.. Once they are in.. They have to check the weight (since the other 5 pistons are all balanced...). If they'll work out.. He'll use those.. It's possible I still may need to order 8 new pistons. *sigh* the battle continues.
Coroner

NCHKustoms

Woo! Progress though! I saw your stuff again on Wednesday.. Its itching to get back to its home
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

Chauncey

Hmm.  I just so happen to know where there's a set of 8 .030 over race pistons for a 440 sitting around collecting dust...
Gnarpow!  A boardin' blog.  By dweebs, for dweebs.
http://gnarpow.blogspot.com/

NCHKustoms

Hot diggity!! DOO EEET!!
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

Krandall

SRS?

Do you know any details on em? Compression wise?

:D
Coroner

Chauncey

I'll ask today. :thumbs:  See if they're even "on the market".   ???

Krandall

November 18th... That was the last post in here...... effffffffffffffffff

(also my 1111th post :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: )
Coroner

Krandall

Coroner

hillbilly les

AND,,,,,,,,,,,,, :confused:               

then what???? krandy :clap: :rofl: 8) :batman:

Krandall

Coroner

Chauncey

hillbilly les

me,, guessin like the drivin pig on tv,,,, there will be lots of weeee,,,wweeeee  ,wwweeeeeee