News:

Welcome to The NCH Garage!!!!

Main Menu

Newbie here, be nice!!!

Started by Andydodgegeek, September 10, 2013, 08:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andydodgegeek

Hi hillbillys! My name is Andy and I am the guy who was at Braham fest with the 1947 Dodge WH47 two ton truck with the 46 Willys CJ2A on the back of it. I didn't get to meet too many of you but I did get a few good chats in with a few of the car show attendees. I heard about your club when I bought the Willys, (which I named Homer), from Les. I will lay out the story for you here. I grew up in Pine City and my neighbor and very good friend, who had the nick name Homer, owned that old Willys. When I was just a young boy I thought it was the coolest thing with wheels. It has a Ford 289 that my brother helped install back in the early 80's and he also helped do the spring over suspension lift. Homer passed back in 2010 and I often wondered what happened to his old Jeep. Well about a month ago I was looking thru craiglist like I often do and there it was, Homers Willys. I HAD to have it!!! It is EXACTLY the same as when I was a kid. Same tires, no brakes, same old passenger door know from an old house door, same plexiglass windows that my dad gave Homer. When you open the drivers door there is a sticker for Grab-on handle bar grips that I stuck on it back when I was probably under 5 years old. LOTS of cool memorys. When Les asked me if there was anything I would like to know about the jeep I asked if there was any thing he would like to know about it, then I told him the story. I hope to get it road worthy some time in the future. He told me about your guys car show in Braham and I had been excited about it since. I am a Dodge guy but I enjoy all old cars and even more so TRUCKS. I have been reading some threads on your site and it looks like you have some fun times, I hope I can get in on some of them sometime. Thats all for now. ANDY

Chauncey

Heard a little of the back story from Les.  So awesome.  Glad you found it, us, and the site.  Was about in shock when we were in Subway on lunch break Saturday and saw this gnarly old car hauler with the Willys on the back.  Thoroughly enjoyed watching you pound on it for the rap contest as well. :thumbs:

My name's Cody.  The wife and I are the owners of the '67 Dodge crew cab that was there.
Gnarpow!  A boardin' blog.  By dweebs, for dweebs.
http://gnarpow.blogspot.com/

Andydodgegeek

I really like your truck. Them old 4 door dodges are sweet. Someday.....

Krandall

Welcome aboard Andy!!! I was the one who high fived you for the BADA$$ pipe rap. It was no competition. You stole the show!!!

Randy here, I've got a 66' Dodge Coronet 4dr matte black. I was parked next to Chauncey's crew cab.

Like I said. Welcome aboard. We try to keep this and facebook updated w/ the cruises we do and what not. Would be cool to see ya around!!!

take care!
-randy
Coroner

Andydodgegeek

Love that coronet, would really like a ride in it sometime.

Mrs. Hillbilly Les

So glad you two ended up with the Jeep, there was a reason it didn't move from our place for a year or more...you were meant to have it.  Welcome to the site! :)

Andydodgegeek

Thanks you, I am still just in awe that I own Homers old Willys. Way too cool.

sarahdodgegeek

Hi! This is Mrs. Dodgegeek... so glad we met all of you! I had a blast at the show - when are y'all getting together next? (I want that 4door truck!)

Krandall

Hmmm, I don't even know when the next show is that we're going to. Hillbillyles, what's the word?
Coroner

Chauncey

Well, if we end up coming all the way up there with the truck again this year I'd guess it'd be for the Frankensteiner's Ball.  Toni's kinda interested in the whole costume party thing.  :batman:

Oh yeah, and the truck's now for sale...

Gnarpow!  A boardin' blog.  By dweebs, for dweebs.
http://gnarpow.blogspot.com/

Krandall

Quote from: Chauncey on September 13, 2013, 11:02:28 PM
Well, if we end up coming all the way up there with the truck again this year I'd guess it'd be for the Frankensteiner's Ball.  Toni's kinda interested in the whole costume party thing.  :batman:

Oh yeah, and the truck's now for sale...

:clap:

That'll be the last hurrah for the Coroner for the year also. :)
Coroner

Andydodgegeek

When and where is this frankensteiners ball? If I'm available and its not too far away I will go. My old dodge only does about 45mph so I dont go to far with it usually.

NCHKustoms

Hey welcome! This is Ryan O. I had the light blue chevy biscayne with the big chrome wheels. Glad ya found the site! That old dodge flat bed is awesome!  The Ball is middle of October? (help plz) and its at the Anoka county fairgrounds. Its a little drive, but its usually pretty sweet! Costumes, burnouts, flame throwing... and lots of cool cars! if ya can rll down there we usually get a little train of cars and go. im more than ok with 45mph, my car is sloooooooow :thumbs:
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

Andydodgegeek

Krandall

Sunday, October 20, 2013
9:00am until 3:00pm

Car show, $500 cash grand door prize, costume contest, muffler rapping, flame throwers, lowrider limbo, car to car trick or treating for the kids. FUN FUN FUN and still only $5 per vehicle. Invite your family, invite your friends!!! Spectators are free!

Not sure what part of town you're in, Andy. But we usually have a group meet up in Isanti the morning of and cruise down together. It's not a race by any means. Maybe we can all meet up there and take a nice sunday cruise down there together!
-randy
Coroner