News:

Welcome to The NCH Garage!!!!

Main Menu

My 1947 Dodge WH47 2 ton truck

Started by Andydodgegeek, September 20, 2013, 09:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andydodgegeek

I figured I would share some info and pictures of my old Dodge. I've owned it for about 4-5 years, bought it from a lady in the town Nowthen,MN. I haven't done a whole lot to it, it needed tires VERY badly when I got it you could damn near see the air in them. I had the wheels sand blasted and powder coated then installed a new set of tires (almost as much as I paid for the truck). The truck is all original and unrestored, It had a 251c.i. flathead 6, a 5 speed non syncro'd trannsmission, and a 2 speed rear axle. Beside tires I replace the fuel tank, fuel lines, fuel pump, and I had to replace the intake and exhaust manifolds because they were cracked. It runs and drives great. It tops out about 47-49mph, that's ok, when I drive it I'm not in a hurry. It is alot of fun to drive around, lots of people like to check it out. Just about everytime I stop somewhere with it I have someone ask me about it, lots of older folks come up to me and tell me "we had one of them back on the farm". Good times. Here are some photos.

Andydodgegeek

Andydodgegeek

How can I make my pictures bigger??? Why do these computer things have to be so difficult???

Andydodgegeek

Andydodgegeek

Sweet, I figured it out. What a pain in the A**!!

Andydodgegeek

Derailing my own thread but here is a picture of my old Dodge that I sold. This is the one that I was whipping doughnuts with at the work car show a couple years ago. I sold this truck last year.

Andydodgegeek

Now that I figured out how to post pics...here are some of my other vehicles.

Andydodgegeek

Somebody stop me...

The wife's new car.

Here's a picture of my brother with his riding lawn mower that I figure you all would like

sarahdodgegeek

Quote from: Andydodgegeek on September 20, 2013, 10:25:15 PM
Derailing my own thread but here is a picture of my old Dodge that I sold. This is the one that I was whipping doughnuts with at the work car show a couple years ago. I sold this truck last year.

I think this should work....
LINK:IMG 1782 - YouTube

NCHKustoms

Geez you have a lot of sweet cars!! The red lawnmower is awesome! So is the dodge you sold!   :thumbs:
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

Andydodgegeek

Quote from: NCHKustoms on September 22, 2013, 10:33:22 PM
Geez you have a lot of sweet cars!! The red lawnmower is awesome! So is the dodge you sold!   :thumbs:

Thanks. The old garden tractor is a 1968 Massey Ferguson MF10. I bought it for $450 just because it was cool. The big Dodge was my 1977 Powerwagon, I used to be heavy into trail riding, rock crawling, and hill climbs. Very expensive hobby. I kind of got out of that and now I collect chainsaws. I can definitely see myself building one of them rat rods though. I am already thinking a 20's, 30's, 40's Dodge truck body on a 2x4 Dakota frame or something along those lines. I don't care if its not fast, I just want some thing I can put around in. Anyone know of any old Dodge's like that that are as close to free as I can get?

Chauncey

I saw one of them there old Dodges at French Lake when we were there.  I'm guessing somewhere in the 40's?  I'll post a pic later tonight.  Anywho, super sweet looking cabs/front ends.  Even tho they're really similar in general shape to "the other two" of the same era, they also just look completely different.

I remember as a kid there as a guy around the North Branch area that had one made into a bad ass mud truck.  Thing was white with a blue stripe, and the shape of the front just made it look angry or something.
Gnarpow!  A boardin' blog.  By dweebs, for dweebs.
http://gnarpow.blogspot.com/

Chauncey

Apparently I was high or something. ???  Just looked at the pic I took and it looks identical to yours, Andy.  With the exception of it sitting on the grass with a partially smashed roof.
Gnarpow!  A boardin' blog.  By dweebs, for dweebs.
http://gnarpow.blogspot.com/