News:

Welcome to The NCH Garage!!!!

Main Menu

2014 North Country Hillbillys Car & Truck Show 9/6/14

Started by Mrs. Hillbilly Les, July 11, 2014, 11:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Hillbilly Les

The 9th Annual North Country Hillbillys Car & Truck Show will be held Saturday, September 6, 2014 from 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM at the Braham Covenant Church.   Valve Cover Race, Rap Contest, Slow Race, Kids Tent, live bluegrass/gospel/praise music, food available on site.  Dash plaques/goodie bags to the first 50 entries.  No registration fee however, we do ask you bring a non-perishable food item to be donated to our local food shelf.  

Address:
Braham Evangelical Covenant Church
508 Broadway Ave N
Braham, MN 55006

Directions:
From North: 35 South  to Rock Creek Exit (Highway 70). Take a right (West). Go approx. 7 miles to Highway 107. Take a left, go 2 miles south on 107. Right on Cty Rd 4 - 1/2 mile on left.

From South: Highway 65 North, Take Highway 107, go North through Braham. Left on Cty Rd. 4 1/2 mile on left. Or  Interstate 35 North to Rock Creek Exit (Highway 70). Take a left (West). Go approx. 7 miles to Highway 107. Take a left, go 2 miles south on 107. Right on Cty Rd 4 - 1/2 mile on left.

As always we will be selling merchandise on site (Shirts, Hats, Decals, Patches, etc)

Mrs. Hillbilly Les

Since our Valve Cover Racing Event is a popular one, I thought the rules might be good to include again.  Thanks #3 for doing the research on this.   :thumbs:

RULES

These are now the "official" rules.  It's possible that they might change slightly, or even be added to, but if we do I'll be sure to notify people by creating a new post in the thread.  My personal opinion on the rules is this: they're there so that it's a basis of what to go by, but not so much that it can't still be fun.  I personally encourage and would like to see whatever people can bring to the table.  The crazier the better.

The Cars:

-No engines or propulsion.
-No moving weights.
-Wheels can be attached to the car in any manner, but must not extend beyond the front of the valve cover.
-Nothing can extend beyond the front of the valve cover. (Due to the starting mechanism, and to make sure they start at the same place.)
-Cars shall be based on an actual rocker cover from an automobile engine.
-Cars must have four wheels, each no more than six inches in diameter. (Thinking about deleting this one.  Thoughts?)

Critical Dimensions:

-30 inch maximum overall car length. (This figure is up in the air, depending on feedback I receive from you guys. However, 20" is pretty dang big already!)
-10 inch maximum overall car width, including axles/wheels.  (Due to the width of each lane.)
-No height restrictions (within reason, of course).  This is a personal "non-rule" because I'm secretly hoping somebody builds one to look like a pirate ship.  Hint hint.
-10 pounds maximum weight by official scales.

Edited - August 1st, 2010 - 6:30 PM

Mrs. Hillbilly Les

Mrs. Hillbilly Les

Wonder if anyone has pictures they'd like to share.   ;)

Mrs. Hillbilly Les

Krandall

Coroner