:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ziiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like this guy :lol:
Coroner

327 mustang

Lol hard to be any slower than a Ford as long as it starts lol

OldMusher

Cobra.....Corvette

Ever watch pass time?  Remember the Chevy powered Camaro against the Ford powered Camaro?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :lol:

NCHKustoms

^boom. luvin this guy

Ford powerd chevys are saweet.. besides the chevy part..
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

327 mustang

Funny cause every Turbo 302 I have ever seen that was a stock block pretty much blew up around 7 800 HP they did a deal on car Kraft with a conpletly stock 4.8 short block with some nice heads and an intake and made over 1200 HP for over 100 dyno pulls find a stock Ford shortblock that will do that reliably I don't think I have ever even seen a modular motor anywhere near that

Krandall

Coroner

OldMusher

The shortcomings of the 302 block as stated by 327 Mustang are correct.  The stock 302 block (originally designed as a 221 cu in) will begin to split between the main webs and the cam when it is turbo-stressed to over 800 horse or so.  Modern turbo/wastegate/electronics can easily squeeze 1500 horsepower out of a 302.  That's why I prefer the 351W block.  As Chevy Does, and Mopar, Ford offers stronger blocks with more bore capacity for racers.  Anyone trying to crank 1000 horse into a stock small block anything is more of a rodeo clown than a racer.

I like to kid around and do the Chevy vs Ford rivalry game, but in truth there are some great engines out there of many styles and brands.  Look in the Summit catalog and there is quite a selection of aftermarket blocks, main stud girdles, forged cranks, H-beam rods, etc. for Chevys.  If they are bulletproof, who is Summit selling the hard parts to?  Frankly, I've had Ford, Chevy and Mopar engines, and they all have their weak points.  If it is American built (I prefer V8's) and rear wheel drive, I have no problem with it.  My wife drives a Mazdaspeed3 that has almost 300 horse and weighs 2600 lbs.  Front wheel or no front wheel drive, it will get to the next township in a real hurry. 

And, don't tell anyone I admit this, but I can see why Chevy guys like to put a Chevy in a Ford.  Who wants to be seen driving around in a Chevy?

Loved that video, Krandall!  That's a 351W block....but probably aftermarket or Ford racing.  4.125" Bore X 4" stroke = 428"   Nice!  want one in my 51!

Chauncey

Quote from: OldMusher on April 24, 2012, 10:56:45 PM
I like to kid around and do the Chevy vs Ford rivalry game

The internet is serious business.
Gnarpow!  A boardin' blog.  By dweebs, for dweebs.
http://gnarpow.blogspot.com/

327 mustang

So bought a wideband and all the little crap to get my mustang good enough for car craft just gonna bring that lol I'm pretty excited lol got it kinda figured out yesterday kept backfiring after it built boost turns out fuel filter was clogged lol hmmmmm FAIL lol but still think its running a lil lean guess we will find out if I get it running good might run it on the dyno lol if it blows its only a small block but only got three weeks to get it all figured out

327 mustang

ha ha FORD FAIL!!!!!!!!!

327 mustang

only use for a ford block lol

NCHKustoms

Thats actually an awesome idea!
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner