NCHKustoms

NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

Chauncey

So I'm pretty pumped for this show.  Been gettin' excited to race some valve covers.  Can only assume that people will have their minds blown with how cool it is and only add to the number of people that'll show up to the Hillbilly show waiting to join in on the fun.   :clap:

So far I've got two from the winter season that I threw together for the Christmas party but never got to run.  Got a sweet one brewing in my head but I don't know if I'll have enough time to get it together this week and don't really wanna half ass it just to make the show, either (is it sad I'm talking about a valve cover racer and not a car? Eff...).  We'll see how it goes.

Anywho, just thought I'd throw this out there as well.  Myself and the gangster employee at Napa (aka PChop) are thinking about doing a dude's night out Saturday night after the car show.  Both of us are jonesing hard for some dirt track racing and I think we're going to head over to Cedar Lake Speedway in 'sconni sometime after the show and watch a program of regular weekend races.  It's a decent drive but we could probably car pool and adult tickets are only $12.  And I found something cool on the CLS Facebook page tonight:

"What's in Your Garage?! Calling all gearheads and car enthusiasts... bring your ride out to display at Cedar Lake Speedway on Saturday June 25th and get 1/2 price admission! Go to www.cedarlakespeedway.com for information!"

From the website:  "WHAT'S IN YOUR GARAGE?!  SATURDAY JUNE 25TH  This is a chance for all the local Gearheads to bring their sweet rides out to Cedar Lake Speedway and show them off!  We'll have designated parking for you starting at 4:30pm and you'll receive 1/2 price general admission for the night's races!"

Anybody interested?  ???  Let me know.

PS - If we're gonna do a sweet car = 1/2 price dealio, it's pretty obvious that I don't have a car to show.  And Mike's isn't "legal", per se.  But I'm more than willing to support the cause with gas money to somebody.
Gnarpow!  A boardin' blog.  By dweebs, for dweebs.
http://gnarpow.blogspot.com/

Krandall

It says bring your ride? Wouldn't everyone be bringing a "ride"? ???

I'm out on the race track biz, but am very pumped for valve cover races.
Coroner

hillbilly les

not to sure on the cedar lake thing   (to many cars shows ,noy eoungh camping thing)) ???  but the valve cover race is with extra peeps,, jist what weve been lookin for,, its going to be a spectaculer day for the local racers and the prior champion cars :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :clap:

Krandall

Quote from: hillbilly les on June 20, 2011, 03:47:03 PM
not to sure on the cedar lake thing   (to many cars shows ,noy eoungh camping thing)) ???  but the valve cover race is with extra peeps,, jist what weve been lookin for,, its going to be a spectaculer day for the local racers and the prior champion car* :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :clap:

Note: Said car that was referenced in the above quote has an asterisk next to it....

Coroner

Chauncey

P-Chop mentioned something different to me today, so I don't know what the H is going on after the show then.  He got asked to drive a car in a derby Saturday night up in Motley.  Apparently they're doing a "Back To The 50's" style derby class and it's gonna be all old school cars.  Why anybody would voluntarily destroy some sweet old metal is beyond me, but it sounds like he wants to go.  Also sounds like there will be other classes as well.

Anywho, hopefully the field will be fair for the valve cover racers and we'll have our first legitimate winner.

Anybody got any new ones that haven't seen the public eye yet?

NCHKustoms

Looking bad for me to be making it to this one.. crappy work is making us work again.. earliest i could be there is 1pm... LAMEE!!!!!
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

hillbilly les

jelous???    ???  who was 2nd again???   ???    :clap: :clap: :clap:   just havin sum fun :batman:

Chauncey

So, what are the vehicle needs this weekend to make everything happen?  I have an appointment at Dwayne's (sp?) shop to get some work done to the spaceship.  Not sure if Toni's coming with or not, but that'd probably make things a lot easier.  She could drive my car and I could drive the truck in.

Or we could stuff the track into the back of the G-rod...  :batman:

hillbilly les

metrometrometrometro                              :batman: :batman:

Krandall

Quote from: Chauncey on June 21, 2011, 02:36:41 PM
So, what are the vehicle needs this weekend to make everything happen?  I have an appointment at Dwayne's (sp?) shop to get some work done to the spaceship.  Not sure if Toni's coming with or not, but that'd probably make things a lot easier.  She could drive my car and I could drive the truck in.

Or we could stuff the track into the back of the G-rod...  :batman:

She best be comin with.. Nuff said..

Speakin of t-dizzle.. How come SHE doens't have an acct here? Too cool for skool or what?
Coroner

NCHKustoms

Im gonna see what time well be workin til. if its not too late, ill just drive it in myself. well have to see what happens.. i might not even need to work now.. they dont know what they are doing.. dumb boss  :mad:
www.thench.com

Proud Ford Granada owner

327 mustang

So who is all going lol and where everyone wanna meet up

hillbilly les

there will be a few from braham,, could meet there ,,k oil?? then to pine city or the pit stop in rock creek  ,,times a little later 8)

Chauncey

Quote from: Krandall on June 21, 2011, 07:32:25 PM
Speakin of t-dizzle.. How come SHE doens't have an acct here? Too cool for skool or what?

Are you sure you know what you're asking for here?  Be careful what you wish for.  :lol:

Can bet there'll be a Tempo build thread in the near future...  :lol: :nod: