News:

Welcome to The NCH Garage!!!!

Main Menu

'64 Ford F100

Started by NCHKustoms, January 08, 2010, 09:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCHKustoms

The ride was just as bumpy as ever, that front susp. needs some work. Also i had the points go bad bad.. so i almost didnt make it back haha. just gotta do some fine tuning and i should be set to roll again. Might need to to tie rod ands too.. and king pin dealios.. gettin some wierd rattles  :S

Fun drive tho!
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

55.ferris

they sell electronics that converts points to a one wire set up like a chevy hei that use a stock points distributer. seen it on muscel car pretty sweet up-grade to make a reliable ride just an idea.
low and.... slow its the only way to roll.

hillbilly les

ry he said chevy :jaw:                                                      :clap:

Krandall

Quote from: hillbilly les on August 12, 2010, 10:36:31 AM
ry he said chevy :jaw:                                                      :clap:

Thems fightin werds in this parts.
Coroner

Farmboy

i like 2 chevy parts under my hood, an hei distributor and a gm one wire alternator
I like a challenge, thats why i only settle for stubborn women.

pchop

one chevy one wire hei is over rated
Kustoms get the chicks hot rod scare them away

Farmboy

whatever mike what do u know, and what engine is in that new FORD ur buildin.......trader  :S

pchop

I HATE that :mad: engine now.  I fought with the timing cover trying to put it back on.  Who would of thought that you would darn near have to take the oil pan off to fit it back in place.  I thought these sbc's were gods gift the the motorhead.  At least on a sbf you just take for bolts out of the oil pan and thats it you dont even have to replace the water pump gaskets on a ford.  What the heck?

Farmboy

just start over and put a 351 in it  :thumbs:

pchop

It crossed my mind I was thinking Y block they sound sweet.  Why did I ever cross breed  ???

hillbilly les

i bad mouthed my chevy and everybody elses for years ,, and with the breakdowns that im havin     :'(    good luck with your gm pilgrim   :'(     jusy kiddin   good luck with the chevy and remember bowties are fer boys   :clap:

NCHKustoms

lol.. someone mentioned a distributor i should get for my truck.. supposed to be a cheap upgrade using my distributor to get rid of the points?  any help? idk this..
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

Farmboy

e bay, type in hei sbf distributor, they r like 40 bucks just do it and be done with it already, dont let minke tell u not to he dont know  :thumbs:

Krandall

Quote from: pchop on August 15, 2010, 08:07:44 PM
It crossed my mind I was thinking Y block they sound sweet.  Why did I ever cross breed  ???

thats what happens when yer from up nort'
Coroner

pchop

Quote from: Krandall on August 16, 2010, 04:38:46 PM
Quote from: pchop on August 15, 2010, 08:07:44 PM

thats what happens when yer from up nort'
I would have to agree with that.
Quote from: NCHKustoms on August 15, 2010, 09:58:15 PM
lol.. someone mentioned a distributor i should get for my truck.. supposed to be a cheap upgrade using my distributor to get rid of the points?  any help? idk this..
yeah Its call pertronixs or how ever you spell it. Malllory also makes one its take place of the points.  There pretty dependable.  HEI's down fall is the you still have a ingition control module to deal on when they burn out.  Mallory and pertronixs both just require 2 wires power and ground.  I think the best way to go if you want electronic