News:

Welcome to The NCH Garage!!!!

Main Menu

55 chevy gets a new heart beat

Started by 55.ferris, March 12, 2012, 12:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

55.ferris

well it looks RUSTY and TRUSTY but we'll see. still smoky but the vibe is not the drive shaft looks like the tranny is going in before it hits the road again.. 

tranny is a 700R4 electronic over drive that im gonna put a manual lock up kit in.         ;)    and should match up to the rest of my cluster motor mess and get rid of the vib....   

we'll see............... ???
low and.... slow its the only way to roll.

55.ferris

Parts came!!     Put the Torque lock-up kit in last night all in all pretty easy.. there is not much to it change a pressure valve and splice in a new wire harness, and wire in the vacume control switch.  now if it works  ???  ill know after this weekend.     photos dont show much but.

Krandall

That kind of stuff I've never dove into... whole new world. Hope it all works out for ya!! :thumbs:
Coroner

ImpinAintEasy

Looks pretty good to me.....but I don't know anything!

55.ferris

well its in it moves 65mph and 2.000 rpm....  much better then 3000rpm at 55mph..     but still have a nasty vibe... and its the flywheel so i get to pull it all apart again and change out that before i tare up the tranny pump. never ending....

Chauncey

You run wheel spacers on that thing, right?  Ever had any issues with them?  Thinking about getting me some.
Gnarpow!  A boardin' blog.  By dweebs, for dweebs.
http://gnarpow.blogspot.com/

55.ferris

yep i do.  scary big one in the front!!  they are 3''  have not had an issue.  "knock on wood" mine are billet with studs in them and then they bolt to the rotor. the said these were much better then super long studs that run throw the spacer to the wheel. i think i paid 165.00 an ebay 4 yeasrs ago. hope that helps ya...