News:

Welcome to The NCH Garage!!!!

Main Menu

Over Yonder

Started by OldMusher, July 06, 2012, 02:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldMusher

Is it just me, or does it spook anyone else to load up the iffy street machine and take off for a far away destination?  You know it's running okay, you have done the same amount of miles in a weekend closer to home...you have tools, wiring stuff, fluids, jack, .357, a big cooler.  What could possibly go wrong?

Over the BTT50's weekend I put over 300 miles on the pickup, and no problems.  Never more than 40 miles from home.  Tomorrow we jump in and head up to Superior, WI...a mere 115 miles from our doorstep.  No problem, right?  Why then am I sitting here typing with one hand, breathing into a brown paper bag?  Stressed?  Oh, no.  I'm fine.

Chauncey

I'd be stressed about going into Wisconsin territory, too...

Nothing good ever happens there.
Gnarpow!  A boardin' blog.  By dweebs, for dweebs.
http://gnarpow.blogspot.com/

OldMusher

Hope it survives, because a little later we are taking it up to Breckenridge to meet the guy who owned it much of its life.  It really is being a good dog, although it throws the fan belt off occasionally.  Many of the initial bugs are fixed, and when fall rolls around I can get to the rest.

Yeah, Wisconsin.   A person would be inclined to carry the .357 up there if he had one.  Which he claims not to.

Krandall

I know that feeling all to well.. w/ my old coronet, no idea why I was always hesitant to take it anywhere on the long distances.. It always did fine even when I took it to anoka for the steiners show... But somethin bout leaving "common" territory... and not having an easy way to get it home I guess..

Good luck w/ the trip she'll bring you there and back with a smile on your face :)

Coroner

OldMusher

NCHKustoms

I have a nervous time driving my truck for over an hour.. usually it makes it.. Mustang is pretty reliable though! Ill drive that anywhere!
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

OldMusher

My 51 is doing okay in spite of my worries.  I know what's likely to "fail" or act up, and I have tools along to fix it.  With my incompetence the wiring is always suspicious.  But I have extra everything just in case.  Better be good, because on August 5th I'm going to be in Chippewa Falls with it.  Supposedly 700 cars at a 1 day show, swap and car corral.