News:

Welcome to The NCH Garage!!!!

Main Menu

"A" build

Started by pchop, May 26, 2010, 06:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pchop

I was thinkin at work today that maybe I should put up some pics of the pickup as I have been working on it.  Since everyone has is it in a rolling state maybe I can show how it came to be.  Ill give a quick run down of what I have used for what and how I did or more so why I did what I did.

The frame-
It is made up of 2"x3" sq. tubing an 1/8" thick.  The cross memeber for the rear controll arms are made up of 2"x2" sq tubing 3/16" thick.  The plan was to build it a little on the light side for the only purpose of an under powered engine.  So the littler the faster Im hoping for the complete car to weigh in around 1900 to 2000 lbs. at most.

The body-
It start life as just a cowl from a 29 A sedan.  The body is all 18 gauge sheet metal.  The floor is made up of 1"x 1" sq tubing not even sure how thick it really is I know it bent fairly easies. Oh well it only has to support my Fat :mad: and maybe one other person.

The Drivetrain-
Its a 265 sbc and a 4spd.  I figure like 150 horse at most so the 4spd should help make it a little more fun to drive.  5000 or 6000 and dump the clutch should make some tire smoke.  The rear axle is out of my shoebox it has 3.45 gears it will work until I find a narrow 9" out of a early bronco. "Farmboy" thats your department. :thumbs:

Anyways Ill get at putting up some pics tonight I hope or in the am for sure
Kustoms get the chicks hot rod scare them away

Farmboy

u know where theres one at, just gettin it from greg may cost a few really shiny pennies  O0
I like a challenge, thats why i only settle for stubborn women.

hillbilly les

everybody likes the build senarious? well you know what i mean   way kool

55.ferris

it looks pretty sweet i checked it out the other day when i was there. you can bend some sheet metal pretty good. and that old lady of yours needs to stripe up my truck.
low and.... slow its the only way to roll.

Farmboy

NCHKustoms

I reallllllly cant wait to see this in person! AND on the road!! Keep it up pchop! Almost there!!
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

Farmboy

pchop started the truck for me the other nite and was makin me nervous cause hes been runnin it with no radiator at all, he drove it too.....LUCKY

hillbilly les

pchop   were are you  and your NEW pictures ???

Chauncey

Yeah, no crap.  This thread was started over a month ago and still no pics.

:pics:
Gnarpow!  A boardin' blog.  By dweebs, for dweebs.
http://gnarpow.blogspot.com/

pchop

Today Im at work and its slow.
Quote from: Farmboy on July 05, 2010, 11:40:33 PM
pchop started the truck for me the other nite and was makin me nervous cause hes been runnin it with no radiator at all, he drove it too.....LUCKY
Lucky come on man It was barely steaming.  Now when you can feel the heat 20 mins after you shut it off then it might be "warm".  plus it is a 1956 motor It has been "seasoned" a few times I sure.
Quote from: 55.ferris on July 01, 2010, 11:44:05 PM
it looks pretty sweet i checked it out the other day when i was there. you can bend some sheet metal pretty good. and that old lady of yours needs to stripe up my truck.
You will just have to stop over with it and walk alway she doesnt like to work with people watching.  That goes for anyone who wants some free work.

pchop

The start of things to come 18 gauge formed to match the shape of the cowl. You can see the braces that help it keep its shape.  Made a pattern of a door to get the shape

pchop

The top of the door and body line so to speak made and tacked on.  Made the top of the door in the break its just 18ga bent into c channel to finish the door top.

pchop

Now the back of the cab is being attached.  Its more 18ga, I bent a edge on one end of each to help with strengh and give it something to break it up a bit in the back.  As you can see I starded with a sedan/coupe cowl and went from there.  Its cheaper this way.

pchop

Heres the rear of the cab finished and a look at the rear frame.

pchop

A view of the front.  It still had the window frame looking funny.