News:

Welcome to The NCH Garage!!!!

Main Menu

one of those days

Started by pchop, May 22, 2010, 08:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pchop

I bet everyone that has ever built a car has had one of these day.  I started the day off with the best intentions of getting the radiator mock into the pickup.  So there I was radiator in one hand grillshell in the other after about 10 mind of stairing and thinking I put down the radiator and attack the project.  With the grillshell sitting where I thought it would look the best I grabbed the radiator walked over to the pickup, looking and wondereding what the f did I do.  I thought I would be Mr kool and mount my leaf spring above the axle instead off behind like my plan originally call for.  I studied the radiator in the shell and thought well maybe if I cut the lower hose outlet off and braze it up at a 90 it wont end up going between the spring and the axle.  Not a great spot I would think a hose should be.  After a hr of stairing and thinking what in the hell was I thinking, I just decided that no matter how much more work I have to do I must move the spring to behind the axle.  I guess its a small price to pay to look cool.  With that all said of to work I go.  Moral of my tale when I build something :mad: I need to stick to my plan in my head not what I think at that moment.   
Kustoms get the chicks hot rod scare them away

Farmboy

i just wing it, sometimes 3 or 4 times before i get it right  :thumbs:
I like a challenge, thats why i only settle for stubborn women.

NCHKustoms

ouch.. been there, done that.. kinda sucks, big time actually. hope it all turns out the way it should be :) Still a killer project, all the best have moments like these
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

pchop

Im not one to give up to easy so lastnight after I left farmboys I went to work cutting and moving things around. About 3am I wreck my only 1/2 drill bit and said enough is enough and went to bed.  I got the new crossmember mocked up and started to work on the wish bones.  maybe tonight it will be a roller again.  Good news I just about have everything to make it drive now just need brakes,  which I can drive with out them.  :nod: yeah right my luck I would hit someone.

tink

i say just take all the parts for your truck, throw them at it. and stare real hard  :confused:  and they will mount themselves  :thumbs:

hillbilly les

pchop we all get them kinda days  makes it worth while in the end though,,,, need any thing holler sometimes easier with four eyes than two,,or 6  or 8 or 10

Farmboy

i were contacts so technically i got four to help look at things with, right?  ???

hillbilly les

Krandall

Quote from: Farmboy on May 23, 2010, 07:52:52 PM
i were contacts so technically i got four to help look at things with, right?  ???

me to. So if you get me, farmboy, nchkustoms..... that's 12 eyes right there.

Coroner

Farmboy

wow just think all the lookin we could do  :poke:

NCHKustoms

and thats about it.. just lookin.. haha  :woot:
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

pchop

does being really tired and seeing 3 or 4 of something that you know there is only 1 of count for move then 2 eyes.  I also tried the throwing thing it doesnt seem to work.  I sit and stare but all I see is the bottom of my highlight bottle getting more clear. :clap:  That and them darn parts fly back every once and a while let me tell you getting hit a few time with an axle or a crossmember is not the must fun.:'(  but hey anytime someone wants to stop by and show me what Im doing wrong is more then welcome to.  Oh and farmboy friday is a go for me if it works for you

Farmboy

ok that will just have to work then  :thumbs:

Farmboy

ok its on i talked to my schedule keeper "becky" and she said i can go out and play for a while, yess  :clap: