North Country Hillbilly 6th Annual Car Show September 10th 2011

Started by Krandall, July 28, 2011, 08:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

55.ferris

I got 50 bizz cards from work today for the bags and working on keychains also have some pens. working on some free oil changes as well.
low and.... slow its the only way to roll.

55.ferris

picked up two hoods today. one is striped and ready for paint but................ i got writers (painters) block...

Colors.. layout.. Ideas.. mods.. where do i start where do i stop ???

NCHKustoms

I know exactly what you mean... just a thought of somethin i was gonna do... but you could too!! I was going to sand one to bare metal.. write on it.. then clear it.. bare metal sign.. AND paint one and patina it.. OR! Leave one bare metal... write letters on it... and then let it rust!! Whip out your airbrush too if ya need somethin cheap to practice on :)

Up to you on how far to take em :) Good practice is the way i look at it  :thumbs:
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

Chauncey

Maybe I could talk one of the local hood rats into doing some graffiti on one.  ??? :lol:
Gnarpow!  A boardin' blog.  By dweebs, for dweebs.
http://gnarpow.blogspot.com/

TempoGT

Ho ho. First official post as a Hillbilly. I was finally able to score some kid's workshop kits from Home Depot. I've got about 30 School Bus Organizers and 20 or so little tool boxes. I'm working on putting two of them together, so you can all see what they look like. They're for ages 4 and up, so I'm wondering if I should put a few together for the smaller kids for them to just paint? Any suggestions? ???

Thanks!

P.S. Admin, where the heck is the arts and crafts section of the forum?  :mad:

Mrs. Hillbilly Les

Way to go on the craft kits from Home Depot!   :clap:  If you think they look hard to do, maybe a few made up ahead of time isn't such a bad idea.  If you need any old tee shirts for paint shirts, let me know, we could round up a few.

Krandall

Quote from: Mrs. Hillbilly Les on August 07, 2011, 09:21:11 PM
Way to go on the craft kits from Home Depot!   :clap:  If you think they look hard to do, maybe a few made up ahead of time isn't such a bad idea.  If you need any old tee shirts for paint shirts, let me know, we could round up a few.

Arts and Crafts section? :rofl:   
+1 on the paint shirts, I think I have a few I could donate :)

well done tdizzle
Coroner

TempoGT

Paint shirts would be great. I'm sure Cody and I can round up a few as well. How many people will be manning the kid's tent again? Are any of the other ladies on the forum for me to contact? The kits are going to be a little more labor intensive for the adults. Each of them requires about 6-8 nails (included in the kits.) I know it's not much, but ideally the parents would take part in the project as well, so we're not overwhelmed with all the children with hammers. :)

Chauncey

Gnarpow!  A boardin' blog.  By dweebs, for dweebs.
http://gnarpow.blogspot.com/

55.ferris

gabby offered to help,  i think she is helping with the "slow race" too.  she is not on here, but you can proabably get her on facebook.

got one hood done too not to fancy but it will work kinda old skool flames.

Krandall

Coroner

NCHKustoms

Holy crap!! Your the hood expert!! WOW!! Thats almost too nice for a sign!! Nice work!!! Sweet color combo!   :thumbs:
NCH Kustoms-Custom Painting Since 2008
www.thench.com
.................................____
.................__________|___\_____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)|

Proud Ford Granada owner

55.ferris

thanks its nothin real special. got the other one preped last night hope to maybe spray on it tonight. 

Mrs. Hillbilly Les